Tuesday 19 January 2016

A History...

Hi,

This is not an intro. :)

If you made it here it's bound to be something to do with searching or perusing a site that has something to do with the games I'll be writing about.

This is not an advice blog or a review blog or one of those unboxing guffs you see all the time now. This is a opinion blog.

Like the old saying: Opinions are like buttcracks... (paraphrased to keep it PG)

So, if you read this blog on a regular basis then you'll get opinions. Hopefully, not offensive or aggravating but none the less, just my opinion. If you disagree, by all means, post a comment but do not expect me to respond. I don't suffer trolls.

In the past I've played a number of systems and kept to some, got disillusioned by others and still excited by a few.

In the last few years life has gotten in the way of regular gaming and the hobby side of miniature/tabletop games has taken a severe back seat. (Marriage, new house and offspring all valid distractions I'm sure you'd agree).

Thankfully, in the age of easy access to information, the blogosphere and social media sites, I've been able to keep up to date with most things if not actually doing any actually gaming.

History of Games Played

Oldest to newest, based on what I would call my "mature" phase gaming-wise.

Tabletop:
- Warhammer 40k: Mostly Eldar, some Space Marine and a touch of Chaos
- Dystopian Wars: Brittania and COA
- Hordes: Legion of Everblight
- Dropzone Commander: UCM
- Infinity: ALEPH and Nomads
- Pulp City

Boardgames:
- Ticket to Ride
- Smallworld
- Battlestar Galactica
- Cadwallon: City of Thieves
- Dreadball
- Munchkin (Card game but we have a board...)
- Luchador Wrestling Dice

Most have fallen into the cracks apart from the following: Pulp City, Infinity and Dreadball.

In my posts I'll have a look at each game above and examine what attracted me at first, what ultimately made me stop playing (if I have) and if I'd play again. Also, I'll try and put some stuff together on the games I'm currently interested in.

Cheers,

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment